CDI Software Engineer – Backend
Description de l'emploi
Goodays is one of the fastest-growing, most exciting tech start-ups operating today. We have offices in London, Paris and Lille, and backing from some of the world’s best venture capital firms. We have clients in more than 30 countries.
Goodays provides a SaaS solution which enables retailers and brands to put the customer at the heart of their business, starting from their local teams. Today, thousands of retail professionals use Goodays to understand and engage in conversations with their local customers across all channels.
Our primary investors, including 83North, have an impressive track record of investment including companies like Airbnb, DropBox, Zendesk, LinkedIn, Mirakl, JustEat, and Facebook. We currently employ over 80 people, and our team has been doubling year over year.
We are looking for a Backend Developer. As a member of our product development team, working within our backend squad, you will serve a key role in Goodays’ ongoing growth and success as a technology solution in the area of customer service. We will be counting on your vision and technical expertise as a Backend Developer to strengthen our solution from the inside out.
Goodays has already positioned itself as a leader in our industry, having experienced strong exponential growth for the past several years. We’re counting on you to help us attain even greater heights.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Backend Development: You will be in charge of developing, maintaining and improving the backend software of the Goodays service.
- End-to-end development: You will be involved in the entire life cycle of our products—from conception and design to final product delivery, as well as post-delivery maintenance and monitoring.
- Decision-making: You will contribute to the technical and architectural decisions that concern our products.
- Continuous Development: You will be constantly brainstorming, designing, and executing new components of our product used by millions.
- Code Review: You’ll need to be proactive and reactive in terms of peer code review.
You will work closely with:
- The entire product team which is eager to welcome you to the department.
- And as part of a united, dynamic and talented group of product experts: fellow backend developers, frontend developers, product owners, data analysts, devops, solution architects, etc.
- Our CTO, Thibaut Carlier, our Head of Engineering, Martin Chaine & our Lead-Backend Guillaume Boufflers
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- You have 5 years’ minimum experience in a similar role
- You have a passion for and expertise in SaaS environments
- You are proficient in: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- You possess a working knowledge of: Docker, AWS
- You have experience working with: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Segment
- You have general familiarity with: ES6, React, Backbone Marionette, Handlebars, Sass, Npm, Gulp, Babel, Git, Sentry (all technologies used by the product team)
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Independent and adaptable (able to work in a constantly changing environment)
- Naturally curious and always striving to learn new things
- Motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and understanding of the culture of a fast-paced, commercially oriented technology company.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude, accustomed to working in an international environment, action-driven.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Passion for making the difference, interested in our ability to have a social impact in the world of retail.
Reports to the Backend Tech Lead
WHAT GOODAYS OFFERS YOU
- A front-row seat with a company that is changing the way multiple industries do business, thanks to a best-in-class product and exponential growth
- A great and diverse team of professionals who are talented, fun, supportive, open, communicative and who you can learn from and share with
- FLexible, fun and challenging working environment with significant opportunities for career growth and development (Did you know we’re ranked in top 100 of EU tech start-ups?)
- An international environment
- Attractive salary package including excellent pension, health insurance and life insurance
- Open and inclusive working environment including flexible hours and parent-friendly options