Bid Manager for PaaS (H/F)
Description de l'emploi
The Bid Manager is responsible for providing the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst also taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. For larger bids, a dedicated team may be formed. An opportunity selected for bid management may become the responsibility of the Bid Manager possibly as early as the qualification phase through to contract award, including provision of technical, commercial and business level content. The member of the sales team owning the opportunity will provide oversight and added value around the sales strategy, value proposition, the solution, commercial considerations, partner identification and risk management.
Bid Manager responsibilities would include introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
Proven capability in delivering winning bids for software & service opportunities. Ideally has a background in IT solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery.
Must be comfortable working at a technical and management level, both internally and with clients. Will ideally be knowledgeable of the various flavours of hosting / PaaS offerings and the competitive environment. Sound commercial understanding and risk management skills. Have the ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously. Solid understanding of internal governance procedures.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Search for and subscribe to various government / other procurement frameworks in selected territories
- Build and manage the repository of common content for proposals and bids
- Become highly knowledgeable with respect to the competition, so as to properly qualify opportunities
- Manage all aspects of selected bids through to submission
- Occasional travel to various offices when required to spend time with sales teams
- Work with sales team to identify specific projects involving all our offerings
- Manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and review commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price
- Risk tracking and management throughout the process
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve technical and business issues
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Location: Near Paris or London, or California
- Fluent English (French, German or Spanish will grant you points)
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of hosting solutions (Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Reasonable technical background
- Demonstrate prior success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Examples of previous work / proposals largely managed by yourself
- Preferable understanding of eCommerce, retail, publishing and/or government sectors
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.
Comment faire une demandehttps://grnh.se/8755a75d2
176 vues totales, 1 aujourd’hui